July 27, 2014

JJ Reviews: Destiny Beta

guardians from Destiny

So like a gazillion others, I've had the chance to play Destiny’s beta. I got to play for a couple of hours over three sessions (fitting in gaming time is hard when you have a family and want to sleep!).

Here’s a few thoughts:
  • Music is fabulous
  • The Fallen Captains are worthy foes.
  • The upgrade element seems pretty intensive and actually useful in the battle field
  • I liked Peter Dinklage as the Ghost
  • The Devil Walkers will be formidable threats
  • Some of the missions were elementary but of course this is a beta)
  • How Bungie expected busy fathers like those in the South Hemishere to take part in a 2 hour window to get on the moon is beyond me…
  • Some of the weapons are pretty sweet
  • My Warlock shot gun / power punch combo was an awesome treat to employ in the midst of battle. Supercharge is also awesome.
  • It took me three multiplayer games before I knew what the help was happening. Kills seem to happen too quick? Maybe leveling up will help in time.
  • The sprawling vista of New Russia featured some wonderful artwork and design. I appreciated the scorpion tanks that lay about.
  • It’s very clearly Bungie have put a lot of thought and planning into Destiny, and it's the little things that bode very well for the full game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello!