December 9, 2012

4 Things that bug me about Halo 4


Things that bug me about Halo 4

I love Halo 4, to prove it you can read my review. Having played the campaign twice and fair bit of Spartan Operations so have had enough time to ponder what bugs me.... it's only four of them....

Disappearing Weapons

In campaign, what's up with the dropped weapons disappearing all the bloody time? You kill a dude and kill his mate, go back to the first dude and his weapon has disappeared! This is not the Halo way, 343. I imagine this game behaviour was to save on memory for other in game features like awesome graphics.

But, if that's the case it's taking it too far when during a Spartan Ops match, I got out of a Wraith to press X to turn on some device, turned around and the Wraith had  disappeared!

Death Replay Camera being inaccurate...

You know you get killed and you are shown the perspective of the punk who killed you? And they put 4 shots into your head and killed you? Well your death would suggest that but the replay shows the red reticle of their is no even closely aimed at your person? That bugs me.

It's called Team Slayer but your team play like Lone Wolves

This is a truism of many a halo game - there's nothing more infuriating that coming up against a well organised team yet your team mates run around willy nilly without even stopping to think their strategy of running into a wall of red (or blue) players is a poor strategy. My view is that in team slayer, you should always rub around in a minimum of two players - there's safety in numbers and a better chance of success.

That big old truck thing called the Mammoth

It was pretty much all the hype pre H4's release and in the campaign it's worth is pretty much zilch. It's just a slow lumbering beast where pretty much all the action happens off it. It doesn't even have tusks. Shessh.

That's it from me, everything else that's wrong with the game, everyone else can bitch about over at Neogaf ;)